Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another press for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in the Microsoft Word, RTF, or OpenDocument file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Press.
- You have completed your ICAR e-textbooks New Submission Form, and it is ready to be uploaded with your manuscript materials.
- All graphic files do comply, or will if this manuscript is accepted by ICAR e-textbooks, with ICAR e-textbooks Digital Art Preparation Guide.
- You have obtained and will include with your manuscript PDFs or originals of all required permissions for protected materials (e.g., figures) owned by third parties.
- You meet ICAR e-textbooks Eligibility Requirements and have included all required manuscript materials and other documentation required by ICAR e-textbooks.
- All permissions will be submitted to ICAR e-textbooks with the revised final manuscript. All third-party materials will be licensed by the author consistent with the following terms: non-exclusive, royalty-free, non-expiring license to use, reproduce, and distribute for non-profit uses in association with publication in print, electronic, and all other forms of media and formats and via ICAR and/or third-party open access repositories and archives, including but not limited to marketing materials, related websites, related publicity, educational activities, and archiving, brochures, and other non-profit, educational publications created by or on behalf of ICAR and related to the publisher and the publication.
Submission of an original manuscript for consideration for any ICAR e-textbooks publication will be considered confirmation that it represents original work and therefore not previously published; that it is not being considered elsewhere for publication; that the author(s) are willing and authorized to assign copyright to or license the ICAR for publication in all formats and online as open access through a contract that must be completed by all authors after official acceptance of a manuscript; and, if accepted for publication, that it will be published in print and electronic formats as well as online via open access portal and ICAR approved repositories and is protected by all rights assigned by the authors. By publishing in the ICAR Contributions Series or Proceedings and Other Publications series, the authors understand that, if production of his/her work is paid for with federal funds, the publication copyright will remain protected, but the work will be made available in all formats free of charge and for reuse for noncommercial purposes.
Some content in ICAR e-textbooks open access publications may be in the public domain. Any content that is in the public domain will be identified on volume copyright pages. The rights to all other text and images in ICAR e-textbooks open access publications, including cover and interior designs, are owned either by the ICAR, by contributing authors, or by third parties. Fair use is permitted for personal, educational, or noncommercial purposes, and users must cite the author and source of the content, must not alter or modify copyrighted content, and must comply with all other terms or restrictions that may be applicable. Users are responsible for securing permission from a rights holder for any other use. If the rights holder is ICAR, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The names and email addresses entered in this press site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this press and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.